Should I Buy Musical Instrument Insurance?
Not everyone who owns an instrument needs musical instrument insurance. Most people who have either a homeowners or renters insurance policy already have personal property coverage, which will cover their instruments. However, those insurance policies typically only cover a limited amount. Depending on the musician or collector, it may be worthwhile to consider getting an endorsement to broaden the coverage and increase the limits. Whether it's one high-value instrument or a collection it's worthwhile to know your limits and understand how the claim of theft or mysterious disappearance is covered by your current insurance carrier. Adding additional coverage for your instruments is inexpensive and worth the peace of mind.

If you have an interest in adding additional instrument coverage while still potentially decreasing your homeowners insurance rates please visit